Lamaze Healthy Birth Practices
The basis of all matters of birth childbirth courses
The Lamaze Healthy Birth Practices are the foundation of Lamaze. These practices are designed based on years of research to simplify your birth process with an informed approach that helps alleviate your fears and manage pain.
- Healthy Birth Practice 1: Let labor begin on its own.
- Healthy Birth Practice 2: Walk, move around and change positions throughout labor.
- Healthy Birth Practice 3: Bring a loved one, friend or doula for continuous support.
- Healthy Birth Practice 4: Avoid interventions that are not medically necessary.
- Healthy Birth Practice 5: Avoid giving birth on your back and follow your body’s urges to push.
- Healthy Birth Practice 6: Keep mother and baby together — it’s best for mother, baby and breastfeeding.
Adapted from “Giving Birth with Confidence”, 3rd Edition by Judith Lothian